No Chosen Vehicle
Go Fast Bits BMW N55 Diverter Valve Upgrade (135i, M135i, M235i, 335i & 435i)
Worldwide Patent and Design Patent Pending
- Retains the factory solenoid coil for seamless integration
- Replaces plastic valve parts with metal for reliability and strength on chipped engines
- Direct-fit replacement with GFB’s TMS benefits
- Exclusive “pilot-actuated” valve mechanism for rapid response at high boost
GFB expands the DV+ range with a direct-fit solution for the weak factory diverter valve used on many European vehicles.
The solenoid coil itself from the factory-fitted valve is great (the ECU opens it faster than any pneumatic valve so why replace it?), but the weak point however is the valve mechanism itself. So GFB’s DV+ solves this problem by replacing just the valve parts with an anodised billet aluminium housing fitted with a brass piston machined to exacting tolerances.
The end result is sharper throttle response, lightning-fast valve actuation, and it will hold as much boost as you can throw at it. Read all about the DV+ story on the next page.
Other manufacturers’ products involve replacing the entire system with a traditional pneumatic valve, requiring long vacuum hose runs, additional parts for tapping into the intake manifold vacuum, plus either a different solenoid valve to actuate the pneumatic valve or a ballast resistor to plug into the OE wiring loom. All these additional items result in a product that is slower, less responsive, more expensive and takes much longer to install.
GFB’s DV+ solution on the other hand is more responsive, less expensive, easier to install, and doesn’t cause compressor surge/turbo flutter. Oh, and it doesn’t require different springs or frequent re-builds.
The DV+ story: Better performance - more reliable
Many late-model European cars use ECU controlled solenoid-type diverter valves. This is a good concept because the valve can react very quickly and it only opens when it needs to.
However, there are some problems with these valves. There are typically two types of solenoid-actuated diverter valves found standard on VAG and European cars, both of which have their shortcomings.
Common OE Problem #1
Common OE Problem #2
Additionally, in both cases, the solenoid on the OE diverter is directly connected to the valve mechanism, which is not ideal because neither it nor the return spring are strong enough to open and close the valve reliably at high boost.
With problems like this, you can see why other aftermarket manufacturers assume the best solution is to replace the factory diverter entirely. Unfortunately though, whilst their replacement kits might be stronger than the factory diverter, their slower response speed and lower flow do not justify the extra cost and complexity - more of a compromise than a solution.
GFB has taken a different approach to deliver a complete solution that solves existing problems and improves performance, without compromise or a hefty price tag.
The DV+ addresses the factory valve problems with a very simple and elegant solution. Keeping the factory solenoid retains all the benefits of the stock system, and replacing the valve parts with indestructable metal components ensures strength and reliability no matter how much boost you run.
That's not all. Rather than using the solenoid to directly actuate the valve, we’ve introduced a unique “pilot-actuation” system. This means the solenoid controls the air pressure that is used to open and close the piston, so it doesn't matter how much boost you push through it, the DV+ will open and close reliably without ever exceeding the solenoid’s capability.
This feature also improves on the factory system by opening the valve progressively in response to boost pressure, so it only opens as much as required to get the job done (the factory valve simply opens and shuts, it cannot partially open if boost pressure is low), resulting in better throttle response.
Unnecessary replacement kits are a compromise, not a solution
Patent and Design Patents Pending
To ensure the part(s) you have ordered fits your vehicle, we run a compatibility check prior to dispatch. We can do this either using your registration number(UK) or the last 7 digits of your VIN. Simply enter your car details prior to checkout.
- 1 SERIES E82 135i 306hp Coupe RWD - 2007 to 2013
- 1 SERIES E88 135i 306hp Convertible RWD - 2007 to 2013
- 1 SERIES F20 F21 114i 102hp Hatchback RWD - 2011 and later
- 1 SERIES F20 F21 116i 136hp Hatchback RWD - 2010 and later
- 1 SERIES F20 F21 118i 170hp Hatchback RWD - 2010 and later
- 1 SERIES F20 F21 M135i 320hp Hatchback RWD - 2011 and later
- 1 SERIES F20 F21 M135ix 320hp Hatchback AWD - 2011 and later
- 2 SERIES F22 M235i 326hp Coupe RWD - 2013 and later
- 2 SERIES F22 M235ix 326hp Coupe AWD - 2013 and later
- 3 SERIES E90 E92 E93 335i 306hp RWD - 2006 to 2013
- 3 SERIES E90 E92 E93 335ix 306hp AWD - 2006 to 2013
- 3 SERIES F30 335i 306hp Saloon RWD - 2011 and later
- 3 SERIES F30 335ix 306hp Saloon AWD - 2011 and later
- 3 SERIES F30 316i 136hp Saloon RWD - 2012 and later
- 3 SERIES F30 F35 320i 170hp Saloon RWD - 2012 and later
- 3 SERIES F30 F35 320ix 170hp Saloon AWD - 2012 and later
- 3 SERIES F31 316i 136hp Estate RWD - 2013 and later
- 4 SERIES F32 435i 306hp coupe RWD - 2013 and later
- 4 SERIES F32 435ix 306hp coupe AWD - 2013 and later
- 5 SERIES F10 535i 306hp saloon RWD - 2009 to 2017
- 5 SERIES F10 535ix 306hp saloon AWD - 2009 to 2017
- 5 SERIES F10 ActiveHybrid 306hp saloon RWD - 2011 to 2017
- 5 SERIES F10 ActiveHybrid 340hp saloon RWD - 2011 to 2017
- 5 SERIES F11 535i 306hp Estate RWD - 2010 to 2017
- 5 SERIES F11 535ix 306hp Estate AWD - 2010 to 2017
- 5 SERIES GRAN TURISMO F07 535i 306hp Hatchback RWD - 2009 and later
- 5 SERIES GRAN TURISMO F07 535ix 306hp Hatchback AWD - 2009 and later
- 6 GRAN COUPÉ F06 640i 320hp Coupe RWD - 2011 and later
- 6 GRAN COUPÉ F06 640ix 320hp Coupe AWD - 2011 and later
- 6 SERIES F12 640i 320hp Convertible RWD - 2011 and later
- 6 SERIES F13 640ix 320hp Coupe AWD - 2010 and later
- 7 SERIES F01 F02 F03 F04 740i/740Li 320hp Saloon RWD - 2012 to 2015
- F25 X3 35i xDrive 306hp SUV All-wheel Drive - 2010 and later
- E70 X5 35i xDrive 306hp SUV All-wheel Drive - 2010 to 2013
- F15 X5 35i xDrive 306hp SUV All-wheel Drive - 2013 and later
- E71 E72 X6 35i xDrive 306hp SUV All-wheel Drive - 2008 to 2014
*Fits All E-Series And F-Series BMW N55*
- 500 1.4 135hp Hatchback FWD - 2008 to 2018
- 500 1.4 140hp Hatchback FWD - 2010 and later
- 500 1.4 160hp Hatchback FWD - 2008 and later
- 500 1.4 180hp Hatchback FWD - 2008 and later
- 500C/595C 1.4 145hp Convertible FWD - 2016 and later
- 500C/595C 1.4 160hp Convertible FWD - 2011 to 2017
- 500C/595C 1.4 165hp Convertible FWD - 2016 and later
- 500/595/695 312 1.4 135hp Hatchback FWD - 2008 and later
- 500/595/695 312 1.4 160hp Hatchback FWD - 2008 and later
- 500/595/695 312 1.4 180hp Hatchback FWD - 2008 and later
- 199 1.4 155hp Hatchback FWD - 2007 to 2010
- 199 1.4 163hp Hatchback FWD - 2009 and later
- 199 1.4 180hp Hatchback FWD - 2007 to 2012
- 199 1.4 180hp Hatchback FWD - 2008 and later
- Guilietta 940 1.4 TB 120hp Hatchback FWD 2010 and later
- Guilietta 940 1.4 TB 170hp Hatchback FWD 2010 and later
1 year warranty.
Go Fast Bits
Next Day UK Delivery
Get FREE Guaranteed next day UK delivery for orders over £99 (exc. VAT), excluding larger items and certain remote postal codes/areas. Same day dispatch available if your order is placed before 1pm UK Time on all in stock items!
We ship worldwide via DHL International, simply enter your full address at checkout to see the shipping option(s) and quote(s). Same day dispatch available if your order is placed before 1pm UK Time on all in stock items!