No Chosen Vehicle
034Motorsport Audi VW X34 Carbon Fiber MQB Open-Top Cold Air Intake (8V A3/TT & MKVII Golf/GTI/R, 1.8T/2.0T Gen 3)
The X34 Carbon Fiber MQB Open-Top Cold Air Intake System for 8V/8S Audi A3/S3/TT/TTS & MkVII Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R equipped with 1.8T/2.0T Gen 3 engines has arrived! We listened to customer feedback and this open-top design allows more intake tract sounds to be heard at a louder volume. Offering dyno-proven peak gains of up to 15 crank horsepower and 12 ft-lbs of torque on a completely stock vehicle, and over 30 crank horsepower and 25 ft-lbs of torque on vehicles equipped with Stage 1/2 Performance Software, the X34 Intake System is the ultimate induction solution for your Audi or Volkswagen.
034Motorsport’s engineers thoroughly evaluated the factory airbox design to create a performance replacement that reduces pressure drop in the intake tract, while offering OEM+ fit and finish. The result is this complete one-piece MQB Carbon Fiber Air Intake Upgrade, which offers 100% bolt-on installation without the need for any additional pieces.
034Motorsport’s engineers invested significant effort in developing a comprehensive OEM+ cold air intake solution for the EA888 1.8T/2.0T Gen 3, which provides noticeable gains in horsepower and torque over the well-designed factory airbox. Throughout the development process, multiple designs were modeled, prototyped, and tested, culminating in this elegantly-engineered Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System.
- Developed In-House by 034Motorsport's Engineering Team
- One-Piece Design with High-Quality Carbon Fiber Construction
- OEM+ Fit & Finish Retains Factory Lower Airbox & Inlet Duct
- Black Anodized CNC Machined Billet Aluminum Secondary Air Adapter and Cap
- Open-Top Design to Increase Intake Sound Volume
- Large Diameter 4" Inlet Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- Large-Diameter CFD-Optimized Air Intake Tube
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower & Torque Gains
- Improved Engine & Induction Sounds
- Increased Throttle Response
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox & Intake Tube
- Compatable with SAI Equipped & Non-SAI Equipped Vehicles - No Additional Parts Required!
- Installs Easily in Minutes!
- 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber MQB Open-Top Cold Air Intake System
- 034Motorsport Double-Layer Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- Integrated SAI Adapter Fitting
- Installation Hardware
- 2015 - Present Audi A3/S3 (8V - MQB) - 1.8T & 2.0T
- 2016 - Present Audi TT/TTS (MkIII - MQB) - 2.0T
- 2015 - Present Volkswagen Golf/GTI/ R (MkVII - MQB) - 1.8T & 2.0T
- Please Note: This comprehensive air intake system is designed to install on vehicles with or without factory secondary air injection (SAI) systems. No additional parts are needed!
034Motorsport engineers started by identifying the shortcomings of the factory intake system to determine which components restricted airflow to the turbocharger inlet. While the factory lower airbox and fresh air duct to the core support were more than sufficient for increased power levels, the factory air filter, upper airbox, and turbo inlet tube were deemed too restrictive, even with the factory turbocharger.
034Motorsport's mechanical engineers scanned the factory engine bay and modeled a one-piece unit to replace the factory intake tube and upper airbox. By eliminating the multiple couplers, transitions, and jagged features in the factory upper airbox and intake tube, 034Motorsport's engineering team was able to drastically reduce turbulence in the intake tract, and virtually eliminate pressure drop in the intake system before the turbo inlet.
Multiple iterations were prototyped in plastic using 034Motorsport's in-house FDM 3D printer and thoroughly tested. Ultimately, the best-performing design was a fully-enclosed unit featuring a massive 4" inlet at the air filter and a large-diameter one-piece intake tube with smooth transitions all the way back to the factory turbo inlet.
OEM+ FIT & FINISH
034Motorsport carefully selected the carbon fiber weave on the intake tube and upper airbox heat shield to match the factory carbon fiber engine trim found in Audi RS-model engine bays. The included cnc-machined billet aluminum-secondary air adapter and cap are anodized in black for a beautiful appearance and resistance to the elements. The 034Motorsport MQB Audi/Volkswagen 1.8T/2.0T Open-Top Cold Air Intake System was designed to fit like a factory part, and mates directly to the turbo inlet pipe and factory lower airbox to provide an OEM+ look.
DYNO-VERIFIED WHEEL HORSEPOWER & TORQUE GAINS
034Motorsport's engineering and development efforts were validated on multiple vehicles using our Mustang AWD Dynamometer to ensure that the 034Motorsport Audi/Volkswagen MQB Open-Top Cold Air Intake System provided substantial increases in horsepower and torque on both stock vehicles and ones with upgraded tunes alike.
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque on Stage 1 2015 Volkswagen GTI:
- Stock Intake: 226 Wheel Horsepower / 296 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- X34 Intake: 235 Wheel Horsepower / 305 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- Peak Horsepower Gain: 31 WHP @6,000 RPM
- Peak Torque Gain: 27 WTQ @ 6,000 RPM
WHEEL HORSEPOWER DYNO | STOCK TUNE - 91 OCTANE - IS38 | X34 8V AUDI S3/TTS COLD AIR INTAKE VS. STOCK
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque on Stock 2016 Audi S3:
- Stock Intake: 232 Wheel Horsepower / 241 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- X34 Intake: 240 Wheel Horsepower / 248 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- Peak Horsepower Gain: 24 WHP @ 6,400 RPM
- Peak Torque Gain: 20 WTQ @ 6,400 RPM
WHEEL HORSEPOWER DYNO | STAGE 1 TUNE - 91 OCTANE - IS20 | X34 CARBON FIBER MK7 GOLF/GTI INTAKE VS. STOCK
Not for use on emissions-controlled vehicles in California.
All 034Motorsport products are covered by our industry-leading 1 Year Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. The 1 Year Warranty does not cover natural discoloration or cosmetic imperfections on carbon fiber finishes which occur over time.
Next Day UK Delivery
Get FREE Guaranteed next day UK delivery for orders over £99 (exc. VAT), excluding larger items and certain remote postal codes/areas. Same day dispatch available if your order is placed before 1pm UK Time on all in stock items!
We ship worldwide via DHL International, simply enter your full address at checkout to see the shipping option(s) and quote(s). Same day dispatch available if your order is placed before 1pm UK Time on all in stock items!