034Motorsport R420 Turbo Upgrade Kit & Tuning Package for MkVI Volkswagen Golf R 2.0T FSI
034Motorsport is proud to offer the R420 Hybrid Turbocharger Upgrade Kit for the MkVI Volkswagen Golf R!
R420 was designed for the track day enthusiast who desires an improved usable powerband without sacrificing reliability. Providing significant increases in horsepower and torque past 4,200 RPM, the R420 Turbo Kit shines on track where the factory turbocharger can’t keep up. Consisting of an OEM+ hybrid turbocharger upgrade and 034Motorsport’s proprietary performance software, R420 is the elegant, reliable solution for breathtaking performance on the street or track, at an excellent price point.
At the center of the 034Motorsport R420 Turbo Kit is the LOBA LO420-EA113 drop-in hybrid turbocharger upgrade. Made in Germany and based on the factory Borg Warner unit, this turbocharger features a state-of-the-art billet compressor wheel to allow for higher flow. The backplate, compressor housing, turbine housing, and exhaust manifold have all been CNC-machined for optimal flow and increased performance. In addition, the LO420-EA113 turbocharger features an upgraded thrust bearing and is precision-balanced to ensure reliability.
034Motorsport spent a significant amount of time developing and verifying our proprietary software to ensure that R420 delivers consistent, reliable power under grueling track conditions. Through optimization of the factory ECU's boost, fueling, and timing maps, the R420 Tuning Package brings out the potential of the LO420-EA113 Turbocharger. Peak boost ranges from 22-24 PSI (octane dependent) and tapers to 20 PSI by the new 7,200 RPM redline to keep the turbo running at its optimum efficiency. This conservative, track-oriented boost mapping provides rock-solid performance lap after lap, and is combined with an advanced boost control strategy that allows for increased precision beyond factory limits. Going beyond power improvements, 034Motorsport’s calibrator also made improvements to the throttle mapping, increased idle stability, and enabled left-foot braking. The end result is a tune that drives as smoothly as a factory calibration, with power delivery that is consistent and manageable on the street and track alike.
The R420 Hybrid Turbocharger Upgrade Kit installs as a drop-in replacement for the factory parts, without requiring extensive modifications to other components. Every R420 Tuning Package includes a fully-loaded PL34 Handheld Flash-Loader that allows the end user to reflash between 91, 93, 100 and 104 octane files.
Peak Horsepower & Torque: Click Here to See Dyno Data
- Stock: 256 Horsepower / 243 Foot-Pounds of Torque
- R420 91 Octane: 360 Horsepower / 344 Foot-Pounds of Torque
- R420 100 Octane: 407 Horsepower / 383 Foot-Pounds of Torque
Peak Horsepower & Torque Gains Under Curve: Click Here to See Dyno Data
- 91 Octane: 104 HP @ 6,600 RPM / 101 TQ @ 3,900 RPM
- 104 Octane: 151 HP @ 6,800 RPM / 140 TQ @ 3,900 RPM
- Developed In-House on the Street, Track, and 034Motorsport's Chassis Dyno
- Optimized Boost, Timing, and Fueling Maps for Increased Horsepower & Torque
- Includes PL34 Handheld Flash-Loader with 91 Octane, 93 Octane, 100, and 104 Octane Tunes
- Increased Rev Limiter to 7,200 RPM
- Speed Limiter (Governor) Removed
- Improved Throttle Response & Power Delivery
- Refined Throttle Mapping for Part Throttle Drive-ability
- Increased Idle Stability (Especially Helpful with Lightweight Flywheels!)
- Left-Foot Braking Enabled
- LOBA LO420-EA113 Turbocharger
- LOBA CNC-Machined Billet Compressor Wheel
- 5-Axis CNC Re-Profiled Compressor Housing & Backplate
- 5-Axis CNC-Machined Turbine Housing
- Upgraded Thrust Bearing
- Upgraded Wastegate Actuator
- High-Precision Balancing
- Made in Germany
- 155 bar HPFP PRV
- PL34 Hand-Held Flash Loader
- Installation Hardware Kit Included!
- 2012 - 2014 Volkswagen Golf R
- High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) Upgrade
- Performance Downpipe Upgrade
- Performance Intercooler Upgrade
- Performance Air Intake
**Not for use on emissions controlled vehicles in California. Sold for off road, track, and racing applications only**