Eventuri Audi Carbon Performance Intake B8 S4/S5 3.0TFSI
Audi B8 S4/S5 3.0TFSI
Performance Gain: 17-22hp, 30-34ft-lb
The Audi S4/S5 3.0T Eventuri intake was developed to give less restrictive airflow to the supercharger whilst maintaining low inlet temperatures. The S5/S4 engine bay becomes heat soaked very quickly so simply having an open cone system would result in better airflow but higher inlet temperatures. We therefore completely re-engineered the inlet track from the throttle body to the front grill with a highly efficient sealed system. The restrictive stock airboxes and duct feeds have been replaced with a Venturi filter housing and a duct system with smooth transitions to allow the airflow to remain full and laminar. The resulting performance gains and aesthetics are industry leading for this platform.
The Eventuri Difference
The B8 S4/S5 Eventuri system uses our Patent Pending Carbon fibre Housings which provide an aerodynamically efficient airflow path from the filters to the throttle bodies. Not just another cone filter with a heat shield but a unique design which invokes the Venturi affect.
Audi S5 Eventuri - idle revs
The Eventuri B8, B8.5 S4/S5 intake system consists of a number of components engineered to perform a specific purpose and fabricated to the highest of standards. Here are the details for each component and the design ethos behind them:
Each intake system consists of:
- Carbon Fibre Venturi housing
- High Flow Double Cone Air Filter
- Aluminium Cowls for smooth airflow entry
- Carbon Fibre Inlet Tubes with smooth taper
- Carbon Fibre Intake Duct with secondary inlet and flexible tubing
- Carbon Fibre Front Scoop
- Laser Cut Stainless Steel Scoop Extension Plate
- High Quality Silicon Couplers and OEM Spec Hose Clamps
- Breather filter with adapter and laser cut bracket
In order to realise the gains from the intake, the S5 needs a remap so that any extra boost pressure is not bled away by the ECU. The car we used had a smaller pulley and stage 2 remap upgrade and we tested it with the stock airbox first, then with the Eventuri intake. The only change between runs was the intake system. Both tests had the remap and pulley upgrade.
Dyno was carried out on a Dyno Dynamics system with the bonnet closed for both stock and Eventuri systems. This is important because leaving the bonnet open does not represent road conditions.
As can be seen, in the low to mid RPM range there is a healthy gain in torque between 25ft-lb and 34ft-lb. This gain is instantly noticeable on the road with the car pulling away more aggressively and having better throttle response. In the higher RPM range where power takes over from torque, there is a decent gain of 19hp to 22hp with a peak RPM gain of approximately 17hp.
The gains are from a combination of reasons:
1) The sealed system keeps IATs low - especially with the front air scoop which forces air into the system.
2) The Venturi housing provides a smooth transition from the filter to the intake tube which maintains laminar flow. This helps the charger to run more efficiently.
3) The entire system is constructed from pure pre-preg carbon fibre which is great at insulating from heat.
To ensure the part(s) you have ordered fits your vehicle, we run a compatibility check prior to dispatch. We can do this either using your registration number(UK) or the last 7 digits of your VIN. Simply enter your car details prior to checkout.
Audi B8 S4 3.0TFSI
Audi B8 S5 3.0TFSI
Free Next Day UK Delivery
Free Next Day UK Delivery if ordered before 11am on all in stock items! We can also ship worldwide, simply enter your full address during checkout including the correct postal code for a shipping quote.
One Year Eventuri Warranty