No Chosen Vehicle
Genuine BMW F20 F22 F30 F32 M Performance Limited Slip Differential (LSD) (M140i, M240i, 340i & 440i)
The BMW M Performance limited slip differential is a mechanical rear axle differential which prevents slip when one of the wheels has low traction. The limited slip differential ensures that the wheel receives more torque from improved traction. The M Performance limited slip differential thus improves traction and ensures more controlled and precise handling in borderline driving situations. A real highlight for challenging and sporty driving situations.
The BMW M Performance limited slip differential is an original BMW component. Therefore, the warranty remains in effect and you can also keep your original differential.
If you require a top-up, you will need the Genuine BMW M Performance LSD Oil
- Turns curves into an experience: The M Performance limited slip differential is ideal for a sporty driving style on a race track. It helps ensure excellent handling of curves and faster acceleration out of bends.
- The handling of the vehicle becomes more defined – it is therefore significantly faster around bends
- Whether it's rainy, snowy or dry conditions – traction is improved for any type of road condition. If the driver disables all control systems, however (display: DSC deactivated/DSC off), careful driving is required in wet and snow conditions and is only recommended for closed-off areas.
- The limited slip differential is an additional, self-contained component that can be removed again at any time. Therefore, if the vehicle is resold, for example, it can be reequipped with standard equipment.
- The limited slip differential has been fully developed and tested. It meets BMW's high quality requirements.
- Simple installation: The M Performance limited slip differential can be easily replaced by a BMW dealer.
- The BMW M Performance limited slip differential is an original BMW component. Therefore, the warranty remains in effect and you can also keep your original differential.
- The torque sensing M Performance limited slip differential provides controlled, improved power distribution to the rear axle.
- The main function of the limited slip differential is balancing the driving power between the wheels at the rear axle. Unlike ESP, the wheel that has no traction is not braked, and instead the engine output is distributed to both wheels. Using the intelligent mechanics, this leads to a significant improvement in traction, allowing propulsion power to be sent to precisely where it is required. This allows faster acceleration out of bends.
- Due to the different locking effect when accelerating (when the engine is powering the car) and decelerating (for example if you take your foot off the gas), the M Performance limited slip differential is perfectly in tune with the car.
- The proportional slip of the limited slip differential was customised to the dynamic behaviour of the vehicle. This ensures a smooth transition mode to another. This makes handling predictable even when the driver is "going for it", and the car can also be kept under control at all times.
To ensure the part(s) you have ordered fits your vehicle, we run a compatibility check prior to dispatch. We can do this either using your registration number(UK) or the last 7 digits of your VIN. Simply enter your car details prior to checkout.
BMW 1 Series F20 F21 M140i Auto Transmission only
BMW 2 Series F22 F23 M240i Auto Transmission only
BMW 3 Series F30 F31 340i Auto Transmission only
BMW 4 Series F32 F33 F36 440i Auto Transmission only
If you have a M140i/M240i (B58) with the manual transmission or M135i/M235i, please visit the Genuine BMW F20 F22 M Performance LSD (M135i, M140i, M235i & M240i)
Fitting time for this LSD is approximately 3 hours. Please contact us to arrange a fitting service for this LSD.
Two years manufacturer warranty if VIN is provided during check out.
BMW - Genuine BMW Performance Parts.
Next Day UK Delivery
Get FREE Guaranteed next day UK delivery for orders over £99 (exc. VAT) on all in stock items. Same day dispatch available if your order is placed before 11:00 GMT on all in stock items!
We ship worldwide via DHL International, simply enter your full address at checkout to see the shipping option(s) and quote(s). Same day dispatch available if your order is placed before 11:00 GMT on all in stock items!