Genuine BMW F20 F22 M Performance Limited Slip Differential (LSD) (M135i, M140i, M235i & M240i)
Available on stock order
Learn more on stock order delivery.
Receive your order by tomorrow if ordered within
Get It By
Receive your order tomorrow if ordered within
Collect 1568 points
Purchasing this product will earn you 1568 loyalty points worth £15.68 GBP.
Price Match Guarantee
If you find a lower price at an eligible UK retailer website, we will match it.
The BMW M Performance limited slip differential is a mechanical rear axle differential which prevents slip when one of the wheels has low traction. The limited slip differential ensures that the wheel receives more torque from improved traction. The M Performance limited slip differential thus improves traction and ensures more controlled and precise handling in borderline driving situations. A real highlight for challenging and sporty driving situations.
The BMW M Performance limited slip differential is an original BMW component. Therefore, the warranty remains in effect and you can also keep your original differential.
If you need to top up the oil for this LSD, you will need the Genuine BMW M performance LSD Oil 1 Litre.
- Turns curves into an experience: The M Performance limited slip differential is ideal for a sporty driving style on a race track. It helps ensure excellent handling of curves and faster acceleration out of bends.
- The handling of the vehicle becomes more defined – it is therefore significantly faster around bends
- Whether it's rainy, snowy or dry conditions – traction is improved for any type of road condition. If the driver disables all control systems, however (display: DSC deactivated/DSC off), careful driving is required in wet and snow conditions and is only recommended for closed-off areas.
- The limited slip differential is an additional, self-contained component that can be removed again at any time. Therefore, if the vehicle is resold, for example, it can be reequipped with standard equipment.
- The limited slip differential has been fully developed and tested. It meets BMW's high quality requirements.
- Simple installation: The M Performance limited slip differential can be easily replaced by a BMW dealer.
- The BMW M Performance limited slip differential is an original BMW component. Therefore, the warranty remains in effect and you can also keep your original differential.
- The torque sensing M Performance limited slip differential provides controlled, improved power distribution to the rear axle.
- The main function of the limited slip differential is balancing the driving power between the wheels at the rear axle. Unlike ESP, the wheel that has no traction is not braked, and instead the engine output is distributed to both wheels. Using the intelligent mechanics, this leads to a significant improvement in traction, allowing propulsion power to be sent to precisely where it is required. This allows faster acceleration out of bends.
- Due to the different locking effect when accelerating (when the engine is powering the car) and decelerating (for example if you take your foot off the gas), the M Performance limited slip differential is perfectly in tune with the car.
- The proportional slip of the limited slip differential was customised to the dynamic behaviour of the vehicle. This ensures a smooth transition mode to another. This makes handling predictable even when the driver is "going for it", and the car can also be kept under control at all times.
BMW 1 Series F20 F21 M135i Manual & Auto Transmission
BMW 2 Series F22 F23 M235i Manual & Auto Transmission
BMW 1 Series F20 F21 M140i Manual Transmission only
BMW 2 Series F22 F23 M240i Manual Transmission only
Please see other listing if you have a M140i/M240i (B58) with the auto transmission.
To ensure the part(s) you have ordered fits your vehicle, we run a compatibility check prior to dispatch. We can do this either using your registration number(UK) or the last 7 digits of your VIN. Simply enter your car details prior to checkout.
BMW - Genuine BMW Performance Parts.
Two years manufacturer warranty for UK customers and one year manufacturer warranty for international customers if VIN is provided during check out on compatible vehicles.
Price Match Request
Price Match Guarantee
We are committed to giving you the best price. if you find a lower price on the same item at an eligible UK retailer website, we will match it.
Next Day UK Delivery
For in stock items, get FREE Guaranteed next day UK delivery for orders over £99, excluding larger items and certain remote postal codes/areas. Same day dispatch available if your order is placed before 1pm UK Time.
We ship worldwide via DHL International, simply enter your full address at checkout to see the shipping option(s) and quote(s). Same day dispatch available if your order is placed before 1pm UK Time on all in stock items!
M Performance Slip Differential
Completely changes how the car drives , totallly for the better. Ml Performance are a great company , with fast response and shipping. I was surprised to get the part so quickly in Australia. Watch out for the import taxes though. !!!!!
M Performance LSD
Just got my 6MT F22 2014 m235i Stage 2 MP LSD installed / still breaking in@ Hong Kong. Marshall at ML got it all sorted for me and had the LSD shipped to HK. Still breaking in now so giving a review driving at 4/10 only. 1. You can exit a corner back to throttle MUCH earlier and it’s very controllable. 2. The car is more stabled going through uneven pavement, high speed and braking 3. On take off, the car just goes and stays straight (vs going one side before) 4. The car feels like it’s got a lot more grip on the back, like +500 lbs on the back but without consequence. 5. There’s just a bias on the car and driving experience is enhanced even before the Mechanical LSD kicks in (you can hear it). Very expensive mod but completely transformed the car in turns. These should’ve came stock! Highly recommended and shout out to MLperformance